top of page

Chemical classification, labelling and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)

We can help with all your chemical hazard communication requirements

What is 'GHS/CLP'?

CLP, or EC Regulation 1272/2008 on the classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures; transposes many elements of the United Nations GHS, or Globally Harmonised System of classification and labelling of chemicals. 
Undertakings placing substances and mixtures on the market in the UK and the EU are required to classify in accordance with CLP and communicate any hazards accordingly.
Chemial GHS Classification
CLP Labelling and Classification

How are hazards communicated?

For hazardous chemical substances and mixtures of substances, the hazards are communicated through the CLP supply label and where applicable, dangerous goods transport marks and labels. 
When required, this information is also included in a reference document specific to the substance or mixture known as a Safety Data Sheet or SDS.

How can we help you?

Our industry experienced team can assist you in classification and help prepare the relevant labels and safety data sheets.
This is in addition to the packaging, labelling and shipment requirements for dangerous goods which we can also advise you on if applicable.
Classification advice and validation
Labelling and packagin advice
Writing of safety data sheets

Classification advice and validation

Labelling and packaging advice

Writing of Safety Data Sheets

Contact us

Centrally based in the UK, we operate throughout Great Britain and due to the nature of the regulations, we provide advice Worldwide.
For further information we are available by telephone on: +44 (0)1724 732138.
If you prefer to e-mail please contact: and we shall respond promptly. 
bottom of page